How Do I Request a Professional Photo ID?
All licensed professionals currently registered may apply for a wallet-size Professional Photo ID card, which includes the licensee’s name, profession, license number, registration expiration date, and New York State (NYS) Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) photo and signature. Licensees can request this Photo ID at the cost of $30. There are three different pathways for licensees to make this request, depending on their registration renewal timeframe:
- Licensees who have no more than 5 months left in their current registration period OR their last valid registration period ended less than 4 months ago may request a Professional Photo ID during the registration renewal process by signing into our Online Registration system using their profession, license number and the PIN provided in their most recent Registration Renewal document. A PIN can also be obtained through our PIN Retrieval. A valid credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) will be needed for the renewal and Photo ID fee.
- At the end of the registration renewal process in the online system, you will be able to add-on the purchase of your Photo ID card.
- If you do not know your registration period, you can review your “Registered through last day of” date by locating your license details on the Office of the Professions website Verification Search page.
- Licensees who are not within the timeframe mentioned above can still sign-in to our Online Registration system using the information mentioned above and a Photo ID Request option will appear on the upper-left side of the homepage. A valid credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) will be needed for the $30 fee.
- Licensees who are still within their first registration period after becoming licensed professionals in NYS may request an application for a Professional Photo ID by submitting this form. A paper application will then be sent via postal mail to the licensee for completion.
Questions about a Professional Photo ID card or inquiring about the status of a request may be submitted with this form.
Licensed and registered professionals located outside NYS or who do not have a NYS DMV ID will need to have a photo taken at a DMV office.
Additional information about Professional Photo ID cards is available on our website.